Are you looking for the most effective ways of how to vape hashish?
Your search ends here because you’ve come to the right place. And no, we don’t mean stuffing your bubble hash into your vaping chamber with brutal force.
Vaping hashish the right way is all about knowing what kind of hash you have, the type of vaporizer best suited for it and the tools to make things easier. In this article, that’s exactly what we’ll break down so that you can have that optimal experience.
What is Hash?
Hash (hashish) is the grandfather of all cannabis concentrates – it’s been in use for at least 1000 years. The concentrate is generally consumed with joints, bongs, pipes and hookahs, and is made in a variety of ways.
Each type of hash differs on how cannabinoids are extracted from dried flower buds. Yet with so many methods invented over the years, it all boils down to collecting dried flower resin and crystals, then compressing the resin with heat and pressure to form hash into a ball or block-like figure that has a solid or paste-like texture.
Being a cannabis extract, hash also contains a higher cannabinoid and terpene profile than dried flowers, boasting upwards of 60% THC. 60% is a unique case however, as its THC levels generally hover in-between 20-50%.
Tips For How To Vape Hash
Vaping hashish properly requires some of the best practices in mind, where without them, you could easily waste your hash and ruin your vaporizer in one attempt. Not a resourceful outcome, is it? Here’s how you can start properly vaporizing hashish properly in no time.
1. Use Degummed Hemp Fibre
For particular vaporizers, you’ll need degummed hemp fibre because, without it, your hash will melt and clog up your device. Being a natural solution, place the hemp fibre anywhere in your device’s chamber where melted hash will be exposed to, or place it on top of your hash. If you want to avoid the trouble of buying hemp fibre, make sure you select a model that comes with liquid or concentrate pads.
2. Measure the Dose
Your specific vape’s oven is designed to vaporize only a certain amount of cannabis and it’s important that you don’t overpack your bowl.
If you’re vaporizing more than the optimal amount, expect to waste some of your hashish. With an overpacked bowl, it’s possible that it won’t be heated evenly. This results in lower quality and a lower number of draws.
For starters, many people have reported that 0.1 grams of hashish is an optimal amount for a vaping session, producing up to 10 quality draws. Anything less is still expected to work fine, but take your time and experiment – not all hash and/or devices burn the same way!
3. Cut Your Hash Into Small Pieces
Have you heard of priming your hashish with heat before smoking? By running a lighter around your hash, it will become soft, crumble and be ready for optimal smoking. However, doing so is said to waste certain terpene molecules, which are essential in contributing to your experience. Although it’s just he says, she says rhetoric, you might want to avoid this by just breaking your hashish into smaller pieces with a chopping board and sharp, heavy knife.
4. Select The Right Temperature
Temperature matters when it comes to vaping. Certain cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids are activated at various temperatures. If you’re seeking for an experience with more mild effects, adjust the temperature to around 185 degrees celsius. For a more elevated experience, adjust your device’s temp to above 200 degrees celsius.
5. Use Pollen Hash
Another alternative for vaping hash is to use pollen hash, which is brownish and powdery in texture, resembling kief. Pollen hash is more crumble than its sticky counterpart, making it more easy to break into pieces, thus more ideal for a vaping experience. Regardless of what type of hash you use, we still recommend tip #1, that being using degummed hemp fibre. You won’t regret using it afterwards! We promise.
How to Find the Best Vaporizer For Vaping Hash
Vaping is a huge business. There is a huge variety of different models available online and in-store. We found that there are generally 3 types of vaporizers for cannabis and cannabis products: conduction, convection and hybrids. Knowing the pros and cons of each can help tremendously when vaping hashish.
Simply put, not all designs are created equal when it comes to hash. In order to help, use these 5 key factors when assessing whether a vape is hash-friendly:
- Make sure that your device of choice holds a wider opening so you can load your hash with ease
- Make sure your device is equipped with a liquid pad: Given that hash melts when heated, a liquid pad will retain its residue liquids. Without one, you risk the hash residue damaging the electrical components of your vape, while also clogging up the heating pad
- Make sure your vape has concise temperature controls: Vapor isn’t the same as smoke. And having concise temp controls ensures that you create vapor out of your hash. Remember, set your vape temp to a least 185 degrees celsius for vaping hash. Also important to note is that with more precise controls your vape will produce more quality vapor clouds rich with cannabinoids.
- Choose a dry herb or hybrid vaporizer over concentrate specific vapes: Why? Concentrates vapes that are designed to vape wax, shatter and distillate are for consuming highly-refined products. As hash is only semi-refined, a dry herb or hybrid vaporizer suits the purpose.
- Ease of Cleaning after use: Can you take the components of your vape apart? If yes, it’s a candidate for being easy to clean. Either way, use cotton swabs and isopropyl alcohol to help you do the job. This ensures your vape will last longer while retaining its taste.
Best of luck on vaping hashish!